Monday, July 9, 2012

This Age

You know son, this age is such a precious age. Grabbing your ankles, exploring your feet. Playing with various toys as they catch your attention. Your diaper is like all over the place and stuff, and you just want to play. On the one hand I so can not wait until you have a child at this age that you are now because I want to share with you the great joys and thrills that come along with it. On the other hand I so wish that I could keep you right here at this age at this point in time for an infinite amount of time. Your flexibility far surpasses that of both of your parents, combined! Hell son, I am not sure I can even grab your mothers ankles at this point, even if she was sitting back in a lounge chair. Your well over 13 lbs. at this point and growing so fast. Your motor skills are quickly developing and wow son, I just really hope that when you are much much older and looking back on all of these posts that I have placed here for you, well I hope that you will understand just how much love was placed into the creation of each one. I hope greatly that you will understand how much love was placed into each day of your existence. Even more so, I hope with all of my heart that you, and you will, get the chance to express such a love towards your family, your wife, and your son as has been given to me, this wonderful experience that is Fatherhood, Parenthood. My son, while you are young take it slow and enjoy each day, as you are a young adult take it slow and consider each move carefully, and as you are father take it slow enjoying each day to its maximum potential. Then, when you are older, much much older, take it slow and advise the generations to come to do the same. For as you will undoubtedly find, there are but few days in a man's existence and each one of them, even the seemingly bad few, are great treasures that once spent can never be regained.

A man can work hard, make money and then waste it all. If he works hard he can gain it all back again. But if a man wastes all of his time, there is no getting that back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hietts.info TrustHietts.info Visitors