Thursday, February 28, 2013

March Update

March Edition:
Apparently March came in like a lion this year. Let me bring you up to date with a few highlights.
You, your mother, and I now live in a nice little apartment on the south side of Richmond. Your mother and I have plans to be staying here for the next couple of years as I finish my classes at John Tyler and then move on to Virginia State University (VSU). Your mother continues to work her job diligently as she is feeding the hungry people in the Richmond area. Also, Your Aunt Jada has announced to us that she will be getting married to Charlie Bennett.

We did the Verizon Fios thing for television. Well I can tell you, this whole concept of children's television has metamorphisized in such a wonderful way in only a few short years. I could tell you stories of people telling me stories of when they were a child how they remember the town's first television. This tells you that the technology has in a recent past not known itself to be so standard. Even when I was a child there were a few major broadcasters but they each held to a single channel. When I became a teenager the satellite televison brought about a time where more than one channel of the same broadcaster. So like we had Disney which is one of the major pioneers of children's television. We had Nickeloden, which I can tell you detailed stories about as I had the great honor of visiting their studios located in Florida. Well, Just to keep a long story about Fios short, allow me to say, Nick jr., Disney jr, and a few shows on other channels are now providing such fantastic children's television that I actually feel comfortable with my child being in front of a television. And I know that so many generations of parents have been against this in the past. However, we now have LCD technology which puts to rest all of the concerns of radiation from the old Cathode Ray Tube(CRT) television, thank you Marie Currie for that one.
So, you have this thing that you do, when I hand you a sippy cup you grab it by both handles and start drinking it. Afterwards you begin to realize that you are standing there with both hands on the sippy cup and no hand holding on to anything else, this cues you to then squat and sit down. It really is so adorable.

Also in March:
As the end of this month draws near a close so begins the preparations for your birthday celebration. You will be turning 1 year old on the third day of next month. Congratulations little man, your father has managed to keep you alive! Apparently I have done something correctly as a parent so far. The bummer part to the whole celebration planning is that you do have a doctors appointment for that morning of April 3rd. During this appointment you will be receiving your 1 year vaccine shots. Sorry, it worked out for you that way, but on the plus side of this you will get an update of your weight for your birthday. Don't fear, your mother and I have something pretty cool planned for you for this year.

"That's the sound of robot hitting magnet." -Tyrone, Backyardigans, Nikelodeon.

(This Post brought to you through the joint efforts of RVADAD Arcade)
RVADAD Arcade


 And of course, when it comes in like a lion it always goes out like a lamb, this month we call March. This particular March went out like a lamb, in that it was white like one. Yes ladies and gentlemen, with only one week remaining in March it snowed in RVA.

 Photographic Evidence:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hietts.info TrustHietts.info Visitors